Monday, March 19, 2012

Macaroni Grill DIY

Story: Yummy yummy I got Love in my tummy.

Ok so this isn't really a beauty item review, but a happy tummy makes a happy attitude and a happy attitude makes a person seem attractive/interesting. I know a lot of people who cook or know how to cook consider cooking from a box not cooking. Well I'm a student and how I learn to cook is from a box and some damn good instructions. I wanted to learn how to cook Lasagna but was told by a few people I should do it from scratch. Uh I don't have the time to do it from scratch and if it's something I'm not familiar with I know I just might screw it up. Like the gingerbread fiasco (miss read the measurements and ultimately made syrup gingerbread cookies). Walking through Longs (CVS) I saw they had these Macaroni Grill DIY boxes on sale. I have done one of these meals before with the chicken Alfredo and substituted the chicken with clam :9 salty goodness. Really salty though shouldn't have included the water from the can in it. So I thought this would be a great way to learn how to make it. So here is the story...

The Macaroni Grill boxed meals come with a few of the ingredients you will be using mostly the important things like the Restaurant's sauce, pasta, and any additional seasoning. They also have a veggie version in the back in case you want to substitute the meat. I pared this with a nice Volcano Winery Red wine.












On the top of the box in the back it tells you what you will need to get from the store, in this case I totally missed the Mozzarella cheese and while in mid cooking had to turn off the burner and run to the store to get it. By then the meat was marinated but still good to use.











The instructions are pretty simple, I ran out of meat sauce near the 3rd layer so I had to improvise with some Ragu. I also ran out of cheese, I got to happy on the ricotta sauce about half way through. -_-; Well it was a learning process after all.











This is how it came out.
Looked great smelled great and ultimate was a four layered Lasagna with meaty cheesy sauce. It came out of the oven looking like sunshine.







Yes that is a Storm Trooper spatula.

Over all it was a good job done, I absolutely was happy with the out come and the taste was good for beginner. I brought it over to the boy's place and they ate it all up and each complemented it. So for a DIY boxed Lasagna I can now feel a little more confident to maybe try it from scratch. (Maybe)








I know this isn't really usual for a Beauty Blog but I also like to add a few things here and there. I'm trying to learn to cook on my own sometimes and thought to share this with you in case you thought about doing this yourself.

So whether your late in the game or ahead of the curve do it cause it feels good in the tummy.

Man can you see how tired I am after work and cooking.

-Val













No comments:

Post a Comment