Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Revlon Butters V.S Clinique Butters


Story: Buttery Goodness for your Lippies
Lip butters have been around for years now but recently they have become popular over the Internet Space as well as Drug stores. Before the Revlon butters came round I had already tested these waters thanks to Clinique. Now that I have all the Revlon shades I wanted in my possession and have been able to try them all I can feel better about giving this review.
If you would like to watch the Video here is the link: Clinique Butters VS Revlon Buttters 


List of products: 

(Revlon Lip butters)
Creme Brulee
Peach Parfait
Creamsicle
Strawberry Shortcake
Sweet Tart
Lolli Pop
Tutti Frutti
Candy Apple
Red Velvet

(Clinique)
Ambrosia
Pink-a-boo

Alright Let the review begin.
Revlon Lip Butters are a really great thing to have or even to try. They are affordable can cost from 4-6 dollars depending on where you get them. You can find these in Walmart, Walgreens, and CVS stores. They have 20 different shades to choose from and smell like deserts. Plus they have a multifunctional case. (The top Cover can be used as a magnifying glass.)



Creme Brulee: 
To be honest this was bought on a whim, I figured it would be a nice sheer nude lip butter. May I just say I love it when I'm right. It really was a surprise to me when this color came on nice a smooth with out any hassles. But a tip when using this particular shade, buff your babies first before putting this nude on.











Creamsicle:
Out of all the colors I tried this was the worst for me. The shade would clump and give me an uneven coverage, even when I buffed my lips. Almost a dupe for Lime Crime's Coquette but does not hold a teaspoon to it. I think I have to go into relationship therapy with this shade because something isn't working.











Peach Parfait:
My FAVORITE shade out of all the shades I have. It comes a little more pink then peach.This is a very nice dupe for the Clinique Butter Shine lipstick Pink-a-boo. Not as pigmented but with a few more coats, pretty close. I love the light gold shimmer this shade has. The moisture + coverage = a great butter lipstick.










Strawberry Shortcake:
A cute baby pink darling of a lipstick, has the same constancy as Creme Brulee, and might use some lip buffering before application but it's not necessary. It really is a cute pink shade to have and even try out as your first baby pink lipstick because you have to build it up to reach full opacity.









Sweet Tart:
A very nice glossy shade of pink maybe a middle ground between fuchsia and rose. This is a nice color to have for a day-night look. You could use one layer for a hint of color during the day and then re-apply over to make it darker for a night out. Plus with it's glossy finish it looks like your wearing just gloss.













Lolli Pop:
Gotta like this shade, it looks like a color taken straight off a flower. It is a fuchsia color for sure. But it helps to layer this on for a better all around coverage. There even is a very small purple sheen to it when the flash is on, nice an slight but not over powering.












Tutti Frutti:
This is a nice dark orange cream color for the lips. I would never have thought the word Tutti Frutti to be orange color, mainly because of the Jelly Belly Bean Tutti Frutti is pink with different color flecks in it. (Hm I think I've seen a nail polish like that? = Deborah Lippman's Candy shop) But none the less this is a very nice red orange color for the lips.













 Candy Apple:
This shade is my 2nd Favorite out of the shades I have. It's a nice sheer red that you can build up to your comfort zone. The color on this is just pretty and a good mute red tone. What I mean by that is it looks like a flush of color not a big bright red light like some red lipsticks can be. Because of the glossy look to it too, its just a nice juicy color.









Red Velvet:
Like the cupcake? Yes, yes it is. Just as if you had eaten it and the color of the cupcake smudged on your lips. A nice dark red, I wasn't a 100% that I would like this red but against my warnings I got it anyway. It was a good bet didn't kick myself after. Like Candy Apple you can build this color up to your taste.











 
Clinique Butter Shine Lipsticks are just as equally grate. Unlike our Revlon Butters here these can run about 14-16 dollars depending on your state tax.You can find them at Sephora, Macy's, or any store near you that sells Clinique cosmetics. They have 16 different shades to chose from these aren't scented or don't seem to be if they are. They don't have a multifunctional case but a nice sliver bamboo shaped classy case.




Ambrosia:
If there was a shade of the fruit of the Gods this I think would be it. A very lovely shade of blood orange with golden flecks of glitter that makes this just a gorgeous color to have. Can be a little sheer but pretty pigment. This was another shade of lipstick I've gotten nice complements from. In fact this was my very first Orange shade of lipstick I tried.






Pink-a-boo:
This is an adorable pink shade and feels great on the lips. I can't think of any pink lipstick that complements so well. Not over bearing but not too sheer to be non-existent on the lips. This is one of my favorite shades of pink. Has the same gold glittery flecks in it which bring this pink a little on the warm side.













Hope you liked this review and help you decide what colors seem best for you.
Whether your late in the game or ahead of the trend do it because it makes you happy.

-Val

(Have any questions or comments leave them below, please.)
P.S Sorry for the late post on the Loreal Infallible 24 hour shadows VS the Maybelline 24 Color Tattoo Shadows. I don't have all the colors yet.





3 comments:

  1. Great review :)

    http://beautyaddictsguidetothegalaxy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I love the Clinique Pink-a-boo, but it's a bit expensive. It was helpful when you showed the colors of the Revlon and how they looked in both daylight and flash. Thanks for helping me save some money!

    ReplyDelete