Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ipsy V.S Birchbox July2013 round three *FIGHT!*

Hello my savvy shoppers, I have a new V.S battle for you. I know by now you realize Ipsy will probably win this round also. Yet I figured I'd still do this post for you. Again my Birchbox came in late due to Richmond CA. That is a black hole for packaged if there ever was one. This makes it hard for me to post this during the month they are meant for. The wait can be a little daunting since I do live in Hawaii and no matter what. If the tracking ends in Richmond CA it's safe to say I am not getting it until the real end of the month or when it's already the next month. But without any more waiting here is round three.

Back for more abuse here are our fighters:

Here is our home contender~ Ipssssyy!

Alright let's not get our nickers in a twist. It's obvious by now that Ipsy is a tough beauty box to beat. You do get a hell of a lot better deals. Including promotion codes off every item in the bag even on the products you don't get in the bag. They have been really nice to their subscribers as well as nutorious for giving more then one full sized products or travel tester. Every month they just keep getting better and better. They even listen to their subscribers for constructive critisim. When they ship to me it never gets lost in Richmond CA now and comes as soon as it is shipped.

List of products:
1.) Full sized, POP beauty pouty pop crayon - Rose romance.
2.) Travel sized, CoolA - mineral face SPF 20 Rose Essence tinted moisturizer.
3.) Deluxe sample sized, BH Cosmetics - California Collection Eyeshadow Sample.
4.) Travel sized, Big Sexy Hair - Weather Proof Humidity Resistant Spray.
5.) Sample sized, Benefit - Rose benetint.

POP beauty pouty pop crayon - Rose romance.
 
When I saw a picture in the teaser post I was very ecstatic. Yay! A lip crayon to try and possibly fall in love it. Nope.. under shot my expectations. I was pretty disappointed in this first off was that I thought this color would be perfect for me. Then second it is just too creamy for my lips. It loves to sink into the cracks if you know what I mean. (Ipsy 0)

CoolA - mineral face SPF 20 Rose Essence tinted moisturizer.

When I got this I had a serious sense of dejavu. I almost felt that Ipsy was biting a bit off of Brichbox. Because in the Birchbox last month I received the Cumber sunscreen. Yet I was gun-ho about it after I actually used the Cumber face lotion. In the Ipsy bag you either got then unscented one or the rose essence. Thank the cosmetic God's they sent me the rose essence. This was the second Rose themed item I got. (Ipsy 1)


BH Cosmetics - California Collection Eyeshadow Sample.
































Wow, just a high mark for Ipsy on this one. This BH Cosmetics sampler was really the cherry. It gave you one shadow per theme'd palette to test out. The only problem about this was trying to achieve the same amount of pigmentation of two of the shadows. I had to get these wet first before I could swatch them, because they are that sheer. Give or take you can build it up, but I expected the shadows to be rich in color. Well one was, Malibu pretty much held most of the easy pigment. (Ipsy 0)


Big Sexy Hair - Weather Proof Humidity Resistant Spray.

Surprised to receive this product. I never thought I needed a Humidity resistant spray. In fact I figured I never needed one with all the anti-frizz products I have. When Fossie came for a visit to Hawaii though I used this like a germaphobe uses sanitizer (Ok maybe not that much.) It was humid rain, and it felt like walking in a sauna, my hair should have been ugly. Yet I used this product and it kept my mane frizz free and calm. Now when you first spray this into your hair it leaves this really textured feel to it but it goes away rather quickly. (Ipsy 2)


Benefit - Rose benetint.







































Yes! what is there to say about Benefits benetint that hasn't already been said. A beautiful natural supple glow to the cheeks and lips. With a delectable scent of rose. (Ipsy 3)



Are you ready ladies and gentle men for the notorious Biirrchbox!!!

G's sometimes I wonder why am I still subscribed or even did subscribe to them? They give you mostly testers and on occasion give you discounts on the items in the box but not all the items do you get discounts for. There is a reason I am letting you know right now that Birchbox has already lost and continue to find out why.

List of Products:
1.) Sample sized,  Juliette Has a Gun - Not a Perfume.
2.) Sample sized, Birchbox Bobby Pins - 1 Set.
3.) Sample sized, theBalm cosmetics InStain Long-Wearing Powder Staining Blush.
4.) Full sized, ModelCo - Party Proof Lipstick in Get naked.
5.) Sample sized, Vivant - Skin Care Green Tea Antioxidant Cleanser.


Juliette Has a Gun - Not a Perfume.



























This was rather polite to send, the perfume sample was enjoyable and great for the end of summer scent. It smelled really familiar though as if I had a sample of a Dior perfume. It contains Cetalox which is a warm spicy amber smell. That's the reason why it's not a perfume. Yet on the store site it's $120 dollars without shipping.. wooah um thanks I love it just not that much for a Not a perfume. (Birchbox 1)


Birchbox Bobby Pins - 1 Set.







































Ok I thought this was a good idea at the time. Until I actually got it, these hair pins were big for me. A little too big and even though they have an adorable pattern they were a miss for me. Like I said before they are too big, and hard @$$ metal pins it ripped my hair out while I was trying to take them out. (Birchbox 0)

theBalm cosmetics InStain Long-Wearing Powder Staining Blush.

theBalm cosmetics InStain Long-Wearing Powder Staining Blush.
























































This tangerine blush was cute, and small. A little to small for a blush brush to pick up, yet it's super pigmented and just latches on to your skin good. The color is perfect for my yellow undertones and is cool enough to balance out. (Birchbox 2)


ModelCo - Party Proof Lipstick in Get naked.




































ModelCo - Party Proof Lipstick in Get naked.


























Alright! The reason why Birchbox lost this battle so badly. Point and case this lipstick. Model Co has great nail polishes I'll give them that but what the hell was this? Let me start off with this product's arrival. It was melted in the tube and smashed against the cap. I figured I could work around that when plop! The bullet just fell out. Then I stuck the bullet back in and tossed it in the freezer to save it. After it was fixed I went to swatch it to find that it is NOT a matte color like it says on the case. It's more cream then anything. Birchbox...Shame. (Birchbox 0 and some hair strands.)


Vivant - Skin Care Green Tea Antioxidant Cleanser.





















Now this seems good and nice. Something to clean the face and sounds like a product I'd get into. Haven't used it yet so I can't really say much about it. I was able to use their Lemon grass sugar face scrub and loved it. So I am going on a whim and give Birchbox this point even though it's clear they didn't win this round. (Birchbox 2)


AAAndthewinnerisIpsygofigure!



Haha oh well, it's safe to say Birchbox needs to seriously step up their game. I mean the Men's boxes are much more interesting the the women's. I seriously don't know what was up with the lipstick and hair pins. And I hope this gets a price savvy beauty wonder to go for the better deals. Ipsy I have to admit is a more price geared towards women who can't really break the bank. It also doesn't help when Brichbox offers a 15 dollar box for items you can get at the drugstore. Come on.


So whether your late in the game of ahead of the trend do it because it doesn't break your wallet.

-Val




No comments:

Post a Comment