Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A gray tokidoki nail day.

Story: A gray tokidoki nail art day.

I was waiting for a while, for Sephora to finally get the Tokidoki nail polish + nail art stickers. Months went by and nothing so I forgot about it. Till last month I received a call that they were finally getting them in and out on the floor by the 23(May). I put the wrong nail polish on hold though, it wasn't a problem because they didn't run out when I got there so I did get the color I really wanted was Sandy but Latte the color I put on hold was nice too. I only bought one but to my surprise they even had the nail art stickers on sail. So I was pretty cool with that, thinking maybe when I visit my sister I'll paint her nails with these. What made me sad was that there was only one Mozzarella. (The only character I like, probably because I'm a Taurus.) Go fig? Any way, I wanted to try them out little by little to get a feel for the stickers. So here it goes, Tokidoki nail art no.1


List of products:
1. Sally Hansen - Complete treatment continuous treatment growth nail polish (Base coat)
2. OPI - My pointe exactly.
3. Nicole by OPI - Kardashian color in Here Kim's the sun.
4. Tokidoki - Nail art stickers
5. Sally Hansen - Triple strong advanced gel nail fortifier (Top coat)


Polishes/stickers:
 
L-R: Nicole by OPI/ Kim Kardashian - Here Kim's the sun, Tokidoki - Nail art stickers, & OPI- My pointe exactly.

Here is a tip about the stickers:
They are delicate so when you figure out where you want them - make sure. Because sometimes when you set them but notice they're off you could rip them apart trying to re-set them. The backs not clear either to you usually have to eye ball it. What I did was carefully take them off, then used the tip of a toothpick to set them.



Swatches <3 :

Tokidoki - Nail art, Nicole - Here Kim's the sun, OPI - My pointe exactly.


Stay posted for my next blog about Mineral Essence. I recently came across them and fell in love with the colors. Plus a dupe for Mac's Old Gold.



So whether your late in the game, or ahead of the trend. Do it because it makes you happy.

-Val







No comments:

Post a Comment