Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Covergirl's Lip Perfection

Story: A Cover Lip Perfection.
Alright, so I've posted before that I do have these in the Flipstick review. These are my Covergirl Lip Perfection lipsticks. Now I feel it's time to meet the ladies (shades) That I personally were most interested in and fell in like with. They are very nice and moisturizing not only that they come with a yummy candy smell. You can pretty much get these from Walmart, Walgreens, Target, Bed bath and Beyond, Longs (CVS), and Sears. They can vary in price from 5.69 - 8.90 depending where you get yours from. So let's introduce you to these pretty shades.

Daylight L-R: Divine, Sweet Heart, Temptress, & Temptation.
Flash L-R: Divine, Sweet Heart, Temptress, & Temptation.

 Swatches:

Divine

 Divine: This was one of the two first shade I ever bought, I thought to myself I don't have a nice pink lavender color lipstick. So when I bought this I wasn't a 100% positive it would work with me. Let me say I was a 100% wrong about that, it worked. Not only did it work it looks absolutely adorable. This shade is a very nice purple-ish pink mix that photographs even better. The coverage on this baby was magnificent, very nice and moisturizing. After I got this shade I knew I had to try more.
 





Temptress






Temptress: This was the second of the first two shades I bought. I liked the shade when I looked at the bottom of the tube. I was looking for a nice bright warm pink color that brought out my warm undertones. When I read the name of this shade I automatically thought Oh~Yea. I want temptress lips. It reminds me of Poison Ivy's lips temping and deadly. Thankfully though it's not deadly to kiss with this shade. It is the same consistent creamy texture as Divine and just a gorgeous pop pink color.








Sweet Heart





Sweet Heart: This was the third shade I bought but never had a chance to try it until I did this swatch. It's not bad but, I didn't agree with this shade so much. It is a heavily pearly pink shade that I thought I could pull off. In the flash shot though it came out quite nice. This was a little different from the creamy texture of Divine. It still felt like I was putting lip balm on my lips. I just have to keep this in the back of my mind to try it again later though, cause for now my heart is saying no. I guess I have to warm up to Sweet heart.









Temptation




Temptation: May I just say sexy on fire lips? I love this shade, it was the fourth shade I have tried and it knocked me off my feet. I was debating for a long time weather to try this shade and then one day I thought why not. So glad I did - I was on the hunt for orange lipsticks when I picked this up. I even got comments when ever I wore this shade. Because it has a gold pearly shine to it and when light catches it, it is set a fire. This is an eye catching shade so if you don't think you could rock this bold shade try to pare it with a thick black liner no shadow needed.












The Covergirl lip perfection lipsticks are a great delight to try. And a must try for first time lipstick testers or starters. They have so many shades to choose from so you don't have to worry if one doesn't work out for you. I would like to try more of these shades down the line even from the Queen line. Until then whether your late in the game or a head of the trend, do it because it makes you happy.

-Val





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the reviews and pictures! I will definately bbuu the divine and temptation to try it out!

    ReplyDelete