Sunday, January 8, 2012

Anti Frizz control

Story - Frizzy hair
Many people who have frizzy hair can't seem to "Mange" it. But if you have it and can't stand it maybe you should understand where the problem starts, genetics & natural elements. Sorry to put you under the bus Mom & Dad but it's true, don't fret it's not a 100% your fault. Frizzy hair is hair that just lacks moisture, where the cuticle layer of your scalp is damaged. What I want to do for you is share some tips, tricks, and a little Anti Frizz review of a few product's I've tested on myself to help you find your perfect frizz control if you haven't tried these items already.

Tips & Tricks:

1. Vitamins - Vitamins for the hair helps and makes a big difference, because it starts where the problems is on the inside. If you can't find Vitamins that are specifically for hair look for a Vitamins that holds most of these ingredient: Vitamin A, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B-6, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Iorn, Iodine (Potassium), Zinc,  Choline Bitartrate, Inositol, and Para-amino Benzoic Acid.

2. Heat damage -  Being in the sun for too long, blow drying, straightening etc. Try to do as little of this as possible. If it can't be helped try the products listed after. Try to use a heat protecting spray before using any heat.

3. Using to many hair products - To much of a good thing becomes a bad thing. Mousse, hair dye, even shampoo. If you feel that your shampoo and conditioner doesn't have the effect on the hair you want it to, stop using it. Try to only shampoo your hair a few times a week. Skip any hair products that contain alcohol in them.

4. Towel drying - Yes even this can damage you hair if not done the right way. Squeeze out any excess water with a towel don't rub it in cause this can cause even more damage to hair. Also do not wrap your hair and leave it to dry. I was a big offender of this and it cause me to have some pretty bad split ends. You should be blotting off the water and a micro fiber towel is best.

5. Over brushing - Again to much of a good thing again. I know but if you use a wide tooth brush it is best.

6. Deep conditioning - Find a leave in or deep conditioning product that can help. Leave your conditioner in your hair for at least 5 minutes.

Reviews - Anti frizz control products.
 Garnier Fructis Products:
Garnier Nutrient Spray with Olive Oil
Garnier's Nutrient Spray - This is one of the healthiest products you can put in your hair because it contains a natural conditioning ingredient you can find in your own food cabinet. That's right, Olive oil is one of the best conditioners you can use for your hair. I have tried straight Olive oil too and it is the oldest and cheapest form of hydrating for hair. Finally they made a heat protecting spray with it. It gives my hair a natural looking shine. This is a great product to try, it smells nice too for olive oil. I usually spray this in my hair right before and after I Flat-iron it. 6.29 CVS/Longs






Garnier Sleek & Shine Anti- Humidity Smoothing Milk





Garnier's Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk - When I tried this product the feel of it was pretty heavy for me. Not only that the frizz returned by the end of the day and just overall did not work with my hair. I do think this would work better if I used it only before I heat treat my hair but not after. The smell of this product wasn't that great either. Almost a sulfur smell mixed with floral fruity milky smell. 4.49 CVS/Longs






Garnier Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum
Garnier's Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum - I didn't like this product at all. It feels like I'm putting oil baby powder in my hair. Even though it did a fine job in giving it a light-weight feel with a shine of silk. The smell bothered me way to much, it has a heavy floral baby powder scent to it. That and the oil when in contact to my skin broke me out all on my forehead. So it's safe to say it did not work for me and I will not be purchasing this in the future. 6.29 CVS/Longs






L'Oreal products:

L'Oreal Ever Pure Smooth Frizz Free Serum
L'Oreal's Ever Pure Smooth Frizz-Free Serum - This product gave me the same results as the Garnier Sleek & Shine Anti- Frizz Serum. Unfortunately this product was heavier and caused my scalp to be really oily days after using. The smell is different with a nice Rosemary mint scent but just as heavy, a plus is that the scent fades. Not to mention is is sulfate-free, great for hair that is colored and helps replenish stripped or treated hair. Though I did really like this product I won't be buying it anymore. Around 6.00 haven't seen it in CVS or Longs for while.




L'Oreal Kerastase Chroma Thermo-shine
L'Oreal's Kerastase Chroma Thermique Thermo-Shine - This leave in conditioner is for treated hair as well. Though when I used it it was a nice light weight conditioner with a floral scent to it. Though this product was great it made my hair really oily days after use in fact a day after. But since my hair isn't color treated I really just used it for the scent. They do have a Frizz-control serum for this but I haven't bought it recently or could find the photo for it, that was a great product too. So if your curious to try this I would give it a thumbs go. 15.00 at Aveda spas. 1.69 oz





L'Oreal Kerastase Nutri Huile + Anti-Frizz
L'Oreal Kerastase Oleo-Relax Nutri-Huile + Anti-Frizz - I love this product. It smells great leaves my hair feeling amazeballs and over all the consistency of it is fab. Even though it does have a tendency to make my scalp oily it is overall a great Anti-frizz control. Though I don't like to pay about 30 bucks all the time for it and rarely splurge on this product. The scent is a nice rose smell and really is one of the most expensive shampoos I like to use. In fact will only use I just don't want to keep paying over a 100 for the full treatment system. :'( So I just get this every blue moon. 39.00 on the website.

Other products:


Dove Nutritive therapy Leave in smoothing cream - This is another love. This recently came out last year and I was given a sample of it through the WomanFreebies.com tried it once then Bam! instant love. They do have a Anti-Frizz serum but so far haven't found it on any of the selves lately. But I'll wait. The scent of this is great, and nice fruity smell and makes my hair just amazing. Just under 7 dollars this does wonders even better then the high end stuff. I got to stalk up on this. <3 5.29 Walmart.






TRESemme Freshstart No-Frizz creme
TRESemme Freshstart NO-FRIZZ Creme - I liked this item it is part of a set for the dry shampoo and the refresh spray. Great idea for traveler's, it has a nice citrus scent. Overall I like my dispensers to be a pump, that makes it easier for me to use and go. I recommend trying the entire line of this to get that nice full effect. They even have a mousse shampoo for dry curly hair too. This product is for all types of hair. 5.49 CVS/Longs
Biosilk silk therapy

Biosilk silk therapy - Another pricey item to Anti-frizz I actually bought this to make my loose pigment shadows into pressed powder but never got around to it. I heard from a friend it's a great item but when I purchased it for 20 buck my stomach scrunched. It was such a small bottle for so much, but I tried it and it does what it says, nice and silky. Though it has a musk smell to it, it did it's job. After I press my shadows I will not be buying this again. 19.00 Local salon.





So I wish you good luck and over all to save you some $$$. Whether your late in the game or a head of the trend do it cause it makes you happy.

-Val


No comments:

Post a Comment